Apply for NEXUS Card Renewal
Immigration Visa and Travel provide the following services to ensure your Trusted Traveler experience is fast and hassle free:
|► 5 simple steps to secure your NEXUS Card;
► Error checking service to avoid unnecessary delays;
► Printable application form – avoid online crashes;
► All questions answered within 24 hours;
► Automatic Renewal Notifications;
► Straightforward application form with no government jargon;
► Convenient – we deal with government fees and requirements on your behalf;
|► Dedicated application support – missing documentation notifications;
► Application status updates on request;
► Assistance with your conditional approval letter;
► Optional interview appointment scheduling;
► Useful interview tips;
► Your login details securely stored for future referrals;
► Large print form for the visually impaired;
We offer paid assistance with services offered by the government – you decide whether to use us or go to the government directly. You can apply directly with the government free of charge here but you still have to pay the program fees. It may take hours and if you make a mistake your application can be denied.
NEXUS Renewal Procedure
The NEXUS card renewal process is the same as for first time applicants if your personal information has changed in the last 5 years. If your personal data i.e. address and employment history, passport information, drivers license have not changed since you first enrolled for the NEXUS program the renewal process is faster and you may not have to attend an interview. NEXUS membership can be renewed 90 days preceding your NEXUS card expiry date.
If you wish to renew your family’s NEXUS cards please click here.
NEXUS card is valid for 5 years. When your NEXUS card expires you renew your card by filling out an application form and attending another interview at a NEXUS enrollment center. You do not have to attend an interview if your personal data is exactly the same as when you first applied for NEXUS (i.e. address and employment history, passport information, drivers license).
The United States and Canada are committed to safe and secure borders; over the last 5 years your status as a low risk traveller may have changed. Thus, NEXUS background and security checks will be conducted from scratch by law enforcement agencies, Citizenship and Immigration agencies and Customs and Border Protection agencies in both the US and Canada.
If you are conditionally approved to the NEXUS program you must attend a compulsory interview at a NEXUS enrollment center; you have 30 days in which to schedule a NEXUS interview otherwise you will be automatically denied from the NEXUS pass program. You will not be eligible to reapply until 90 days after the denial has passed. If you intend to use your NEXUS pass for air travel you must schedule your interview at an iris scan enrollment center.
How to Apply?
Download the simplified application form for the NEXUS pass program and choose between the two service options described below.
- Step 1: Download the NEXUS application by clicking on the “Download Application” button above. Complete the form and save it to your Desktop.
- Step 2: Send the completed NEXUS form and supporting documents to us using e-mail or fax. The supporting documents are: passport, driver’s license and permanent resident card if applicable. Our e-mail is: email@example.com. The fax number is: 1-877-770-7096.
- Step 3: Click on the blue payment button to complete the IVT service fee through PayPal.
- Step 4: On receipt of your NEXUS application form and payment, your data and documents will be carefully reviewed and submitted to the US Customs and Border Protection Agency for background and law enforcement checks. It may take between 1 and 3 months to receive a decision on your eligibility as a Trusted Traveler. Once you receive a decision you must book and attend a compulsory interview in order to complete the process.
- Step 5: IVT contact you with your completed Trusted Traveler profile so that you can check for status changes with your application. If your application is Conditionally Approved, you can set an appointment for an interview with the US Customs and Border Protection Agency.
All applicants including child and infant NEXUS applicants must apply for an individual NEXUS card.
Inaccurate or incomplete NEXUS pass application forms are automatically denied access to the NEXUS cards program!
NEXUS Pass Requirements
You must meet the NEXUS program requirements in order to qualify for a Nexus card. Applicants may not qualify for participation in the NEXUS program if they:
Provide false or incomplete information on the application;
- Have been convicted of any criminal offense or have pending criminal charges to include outstanding warrants;
- Have been found in violation of any customs, immigration, or agriculture regulations or laws in any country;
- Are subjects of an ongoing investigation by any federal, state, or local law enforcement agency;
- Are inadmissible to the United States under immigration regulation, including applicants with approved waivers of inadmissibility or parole documentation;
- Cannot satisfy CBP of their low risk status or meet other program requirements.
NEXUS Pass Program Fees
The fees associated with the NEXUS card are as follows:
$50.00 per person*
$129.99 per person*
*(children under 18 are exempt from all fees)
If you are familiar with the CBP system and wish to apply directly with them, you can do it here.
All IVT service fees must be paid via PayPal – your application cannot be processed unless you have made a PayPal transaction. Government fees will be paid using the credit card included on your application form. Government fees are non-refundable. IVT fees are non-refundable once you receive your Trusted Traveler profile information.
NEXUS Card Renewal Service
IVT provide the following services to ensure your Trusted Traveler experience is fast and hassle free:
- 5 simple steps to secure your NEXUS card;
- Convenient – we deal with government fees and requirements on your behalf;
- All questions answered within 24 hours;
- Printable application form – avoid online crashes;
- Time saving Family Application Form;
- Automatic Renewal Notifications;
- Straightforward application form with no government jargon;
- Error checking service to avoid unnecessary delays;
- Dedicated application support – missing documentation notifications;
- Application status updates;
- Assistance with your conditional approval letter;
- Optional interview appointment scheduling;
- Useful interview tips;
- Your login details securely stored for future referrals;
Inaccurate or incomplete application forms are automatically denied access to the Trusted Traveler program.
IVT specializes in the checking, processing and monitoring Trusted Traveler applications. Our dedicated staff is well-informed of all the latest updates in government policies, well-trained in all aspects of the application process, and are able to trouble-shoot any glitches in your application. The IVT service fee which should be paid through PayPal is for application review, checks and processing.
More questions about Nexus? Read our FAQs