Apply for NEXUS Card | NEXUS Program
Immigration Visa and Travel provide the following services to ensure your Trusted Traveler experience is fast and hassle free:
|► 5 simple steps to secure your NEXUS Card;
► Error checking service to avoid unnecessary delays;
► Printable application form – avoid online crashes;
► All questions answered within 24 hours;
► Automatic Renewal Notifications;
► Straightforward application form with no government jargon;
► Convenient – we deal with government fees and requirements on your behalf;
|► Dedicated application support – missing documentation notifications;
► Application status updates on request;
► Assistance with your conditional approval letter;
► Optional interview appointment scheduling;
► Useful interview tips;
► Your login details securely stored for future referrals;
► Large print form for the visually impaired;
We offer paid assistance with services offered by the government – you decide whether to use us or go to the government directly. You can apply directly with the government free of charge here but you still have to pay the program fees. It may take hours and if you make a mistake your application can be denied.
What is the Nexus Card/Pass?
NEXUS Pass is a border crossing card for expedited US Canada Border Crossing. NEXUS cards provide expedited travel at the US Canada Border for predetermined low-risk Canadian and US citizens. NEXUS pass holders can use the card as an air card when flying into the US or Canada as well as using it at land and sea points of entry. Using the NEXUS lane significantly speeds up the time spent waiting and being processed at the US Canada border.
If you wish to apply for NEXUS cards for your family please click here.
If you wish to apply for NEXUS Card Renewal please click here.
How to Apply
Download the simplified application form for the NEXUS pass program and choose between the two service options described below.
- Step 1: Download the NEXUS application by clicking on the “Download Application” button above. Complete the form and save it.
- Step 2: Send the completed NEXUS form and supporting documents to us using e-mail or fax. The supporting documents are: passport, drivers license and permanent resident card if applicable. Our e-mail is: firstname.lastname@example.org. The fax number is: 1-877-770-7096.
- Step 3: Click on the blue payment button to complete the IVT service fee though PayPal.
- Step 4: On receipt of your NEXUS application form and payment, your data and documents will be carefully reviewed and submitted to the US Customs and Border Protection Agency for background and law enforcement checks. It may take between 1 and 3 months to receive a decision on your eligibility as a Trusted Traveler.
- Step 5: IVT contact you with your completed Trusted Traveler profile so that you can check for status changes with your application. If your application is Conditionally Approved, you can set an appointment for an interview with the US Customs and Border Protection Agency.
All applicants including child and infant NEXUS applicants must apply for an individual NEXUS card.
Inaccurate or incomplete NEXUS pass application forms are automatically denied access to the NEXUS cards program!
NEXUS Pass Benefits
The list of NEXUS pass benefits may be small but put simply, the time spent queuing at the US Canada border particularly at peak times makes a NEXUS pass essential for anyone who crosses the border no matter how often. Some of the NEXUS program benefits are as follows:
- Faster border crossing times even at peak periods.
- Dedicated NEXUS lanes to expedite travel and save long queue times.
- Faster border inspection time. Customs and Border Patrol estimate that it takes NEXUS card holders 10 seconds at the border guard’s inspection booth.
- Fewer questions by border agents.
- Less stress when traveling with children.
NEXUS Pass Requirements
You must meet the NEXUS program requirements in order to qualify for a Nexus card. Applicants may not qualify for participation in the NEXUS program if they:
Provide false or incomplete information on the application;
- Have been convicted of any criminal offense or have pending criminal charges to include outstanding warrants;
- Have been found in violation of any customs, immigration, or agriculture regulations or laws in any country;
- Are subjects of an ongoing investigation by any federal, state, or local law enforcement agency;
- Are inadmissible to the United States under immigration regulation, including applicants with approved waivers of inadmissibility or parole documentation;
- Cannot satisfy CBP of their low risk status or meet other program requirements.
NEXUS Pass Program Fees
The fees associated with the NEXUS card are as follows:
$50.00 per person*
$129.99 per person*
*(children under 18 are exempt from all fees)
If you are familiar with the CBP system and wish to apply directly with them, you can do it here.
All IVT service fees must be paid via PayPal – your application cannot be processed unless you have made a PayPal transaction. Government fees will be paid using the credit card included on your application form. Government fees are non-refundable. IVT fees are non-refundable once you receive your Trusted Traveler profile information.
NEXUS Card Application Service
IVT provide the following services to ensure your Trusted Traveler experience is fast and hassle free:
- 5 simple steps to secure your NEXUS card;
- Convenient – we deal with government fees and requirements on your behalf;
- All questions answered within 24 hours;
- Printable application form – avoid online crashes;
- Time saving Family Application Form;
- Automatic Renewal Notifications;
- Straightforward application form with no government jargon;
- Error checking service to avoid unnecessary delays;
- Dedicated application support – missing documentation notifications;
- Application status updates;
- Assistance with your conditional approval letter;
- Optional interview appointment scheduling;
- Useful interview tips;
- Your login details securely stored for future referrals;
Inaccurate or incomplete application forms are automatically denied access to the Trusted Traveler program.
IVT specializes in the checking, processing and monitoring Trusted Traveler applications. Our dedicated staff is well-informed of all the latest updates in government policies, well-trained in all aspects of the application process, and are able to trouble-shoot any glitches in your application. The IVT service fee which should be paid through PayPal is for application review, checks and processing.
More questions about Nexus? Read our FAQs